Abt 1816 - 1882 (~ 66 years)
||Simeon Jacob Beishier [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||Ohio [3, 5]
||Butcher (1850, 1860, 1870, 1880) [1, 2, 3, 4] |
||27 Mar 1882
||Webster Grove, Missouri 
||Bellefontaine, St. Louis, Missouri
||Bishir Family | Simeon & Sarah Beisheir
||4 Mar 2016 |
||Sarah Louise Woodruff, b. 18 Apr 1825, New Jersey , d. 3 Jul 1877, Cor. Julia & Caroline, St. Louis, Missouri (Age 52 years) |
||Pennsylvania ? 
| ||1. Jacob Simeon Beishier, b. Abt 1841, Missouri , d. Bef 1860 (Age ~ 18 years)|
| ||2. Sarah Elisabeth Beishier, b. Abt 1844, Missouri |
|+||3. Mary Anna Beishier, b. 1847, Pennsylvania , d. 4 Nov 1899, St. Louis, Missouri (Age 52 years)|
| ||4. Benjamin Hampton Beishier, b. 4 Jan 1848, Pennsylvania , d. 25 Dec 1871, St. Louis, Missouri (Age 23 years)|
| ||5. Henry Beishier, b. Abt 1851, Missouri |
|+||6. Izella Beishier, b. 1852, Missouri, USA , d. 1884 (Age 32 years)|
|+||7. Jacob Simeon Beishier, b. 15 Apr 1853, St. Louis, Missouri , d. 16 Jun 1912, City Hosp., St. Louis, Missouri (Age 59 years)|
|+||8. William Henry Beishier, b. Aug 1856, Missouri , d. 25 Jul 1948, St. Louis, Missouri (Age ~ 91 years)|
| ||9. John Louis Beishier, b. Feb 1858, St. Louis, Missouri , d. 18 Dec 1932, Farmington, Missouri (Age ~ 74 years)|
| ||10. George C. Beishier, b. Abt Apr 1862, St. Louis, Missouri , d. 19 Aug 1865, St. Louis, Missouri (Age ~ 3 years)|
||14 Apr 2017 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- At this point we are fairly certain of Simeon’s parentage. Recently there has been a mounting accumulation of evidence. There are several atDNA matches between the descendants of Simeon and various of the other sons of Christopher Bishir Sr. And a Y-DNA test between a descendant of Simeon and descendants of Jonathan and Jeremiah Bishir has come back positive.
Records indicate that he had two children in Pennsylvania in 1847 (Mary Anna) and 1848 (Benjamin Hampton). (According to Gloria Lee Reeves, all of his and Sarah's children, except Jacob, were born in Missouri. Jacob was born in Pennsylvania in 1853.) A Simeon Bishier appears in the Illinois State Census Collection for 3 Jul 1855 in Twp. 5, Bond Co., IL with a family that seems to fit.
According to Diane Varela's grandfather, the Beishiers came from Alsace-Lorraine and were barrel makers. He also told her that they came down through Canada because of religious persecution.
A Simeon Bisher appears in the 1840 Cinncinnati directory as a butcher, r Ss Elizabeth b Western Row & John. According to the 1880 census, Simeon’s parents were both born in Pennsylvania. The family was living in St. Louis, Missouri in 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880.
Simeon Beishier’s marriage record to Margaret Stevens (nee Wilkerson) in 1879 gives his parents as Christopher Beisheir and Hanora Laman. (We have reason to believe Christopher Bishir’s wife was named Hannah, based on 1798 court records in Mongahan Twp., York Co., Pennsylvania.)
Simeon first appears in the 1840 Cincinnati city directory, 4 years after a Hannah Bisher was listed as living there.
RESEARCH: His burial records give 29 May 1882 however it’s not clear if this is the death date or the burial date.
His birthplace is listed as Pennsylvania on his son, Jacob’s death certificate.
Thor Bisher, a descendant of Jonathan Bishir, and Rob Bishir, a descendant of Jeremiah Bishir, have tested Y-DNA 43 markers (at Ancestry.com) and match with a genetic distance of 2. Mike Beishir, a descendant of Simeon Beishir, has a Y-DNA 37 match (genetic distance 4) to Thor Bisher. This would prove that there is a paternal genetic connection between these three branches of the Bishir family.
Autosomal DNA analysis:
There is a DNA circle for Christopher Bishir Sr on Ancestry.com that contains:
sherricow - descendant of Jacob Bishir
bkime421 - descendant of Jacob Bishir
rdhook1 - descendant of Jeremiah Bishir
B.W. (Bill Whirl) - descendant of Jacob Bishir
Carley Worth - descendant of Jonathan Bishir
JoanBe - descendant of Jeremiah Bishir
LGilmore - descendant of John Bishir
Kathleen Beishir Signiago - descendant of Simeon Bishir
Other Bishir descendants not yet in the circle (probably because of the lack of a public tree on Ancestry or differences in spelling or dates):
Diane Varela - descendant of Simeon Bishir
55Koi - descendant of Simeon Bishir
Martha Ninneman - descendant of Maj. Christopher Bishir, Jr.
Kathleen has a match to sherricow and to LGilmore. LGilmore matches Carley also. LGilmore and Kathleen both match 55Koi. Kathleen matches a cousin, Diane Varela, who shares a match with Kathleen and Carley named JoanBe.
This “web” of Bishir matches would seem to greatly strengthen the case that Simeon is the youngest son of Christopher Bishir Sr. and that his wife was Hannorah Laman.
Carley Bisher Worth (www.bishir.org) [1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9]
- [S426] 1850 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005).
- [S446] 1860 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2004).
- [S482] 1870 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2003).
- [S514] 1880 United States Federal Census, Ancestry.com and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, (Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005).
- [S1319] Judd, Geil, Kensinger, Hulings, Deeter Family Tree, Gloria Lee Reeves email@example.com.
- [S1318] Beisher Family Tree, darickb1 on Ancestry.com.
- [S1558] Marriage record (church record) for Simeon Beisheir and Margaret Stevens (nee Wilkerson).
- [S1561] Belle Fontaine Cemetery Burial Records.
- [S1496] Missouri Death Records, 1834-1910.